Born in Puebla, Puebla. Mexico.
Figurative painter and sculptor for 40 years who has reached a masterful job that allows him to venture with skill and beauty in Surrealisim earning great international recognition and success.
The central motif of his subject, is the figure, shaped with sensuality, nuanced, subtle, based on treatments that combine vivid texture to match with the characters.
These entities are taken up from universal mythology: Leda and the Swan, Minotaurs, unicorns, centaurs and other mythical creatures of antiquity. The set shows lyricism and an allegory that creates a rewarding sight.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
1964 - 75
Started to show his work in galleries and cultural venues such as:
Arts and Crafts Center, Mexico, D.F.
OPIC, Havana, Cuba
Toño Sousa Gallery, Mexico, D.F.
ESSO Competition, Museum of Modern Art, Mexico City
Self and Work, Museum of Modern Art, Mexico City
Forms, structures and plastics, and Sagittarius Obelisk Gallery, Mexico City
Margo Levy Gallery, Los Angeles, California, United States
1976 - 1992
• Art Expo New York, NY., United States
Clayton Rein Galleries • St. Paul, Minnesota. United States
• Victors Gallery, Houston Texas, United States
• National Exhibition of Painting. Bellas Artes, Mexico, D.F.
• Kopeliovich Gallery, Los Angeles, California, United States
• C. Rein Galleries, New York, United States
• Liverpool Gallery, Mexico City
• Annual Art Exhibition, San Marcos Fair, Aguascalientes, Ags.México
• Pro Natura, B.C. Torre Domecq, Mexico, D.F.
• Contemporary Art Fair, Mexico, D.F.
• Red Cross Delegation Monterrey
• Red Cross Delegation Torreon
• Alexandra Gallery, Mexico, D.F.
• Art Gallery nucleus, Mexico, D.F.
• American College Art Fair, Mexico, D. F.
• Contemporary Art Group, Mexico, D.F.
• Collective Museum of Anthropology and History in Mexico City
• Collective School of Bachelors, Mexico, DF